Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Selling a Soul

On one of the blogs I visit on a regular basis she post regarding people who were selling their souls. Her post really got me thinking about my belief on the soul and possibilities and effects of selling it.

My first thought, which I put in a comment on his site, was regarding ownership on a soul. In putting our souls up for sale we are assuming that we have ownership over it and the right to sell it. I believe that this is a false assumption. We do not own our souls; if anything it is the soul that owns us. In my comment I equate selling your soul and a car selling its owner as being the same. Our bodies are really nothing more than a vehicle for our soul.

This being said it has not stopped people from selling and buying souls. This got me thinking about what the impact of selling your soul would be, is there one?

I believe that in selling your soul there is no impact on the soul. A physical person is not capable of owning a soul and other souls and more "advanced" beings would have no interest in it. There for you soul is safe from being sold. It's just like the con artists who use to try selling people the Brooklyn Bridge. The person who does the buying does not end up owning the bridge, because the person who "sold" it did not have the rights to sell it.

This being said I do not believe that selling your soul is harmless and should be done. The selling of your soul is a large act against your soul and spirituality. Through this you would incur negative karma. You would risk putting a block in place between you and your higher self for many life times, until you cleared the karma.

However, I doubt that anyone selling there soul is a spiritual person. Anyone who is on the path to finding their truth will likely know better than to try and sell their soul.

No comments: