Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Loss and Sympathy

Last Friday my wife and I went through quite an ordeal. I don't want to cover it all here, but you can see the full story on my personal blog here.

The events themselves had hard moments as would be expected but, both my wife and I were quick to accept and understand the situation. There are still some physically healing, but the more important emotional and spiritual healings are complete.

The hardest thing to deal with now is other people’s responses. There are no ways of avoiding telling people what happened. I mean we told people we were expecting we now have to tell them we are not. After that comes the well wishes, prayers and sympathy.

I have posted in past my beliefs on prayer, here, so if you’re considering praying for my wife and/or I please read it first.

But, what can you do about it. There are some people I feel OK with explaining my belief to, but most would not understand. There is a fine line between support, understanding and help, and sympathy and harm. Now I don't believe anyone is intending to cause us harm, but they don't understand the nature of the energy they are sending out.

My wife is getting more tired over the past few days. I believe that this is caused by the increasing number of people sending sympathy her way. Sherry a writing friend of mine posted that she was sending love. This is along the right lines. Send a spiritual hug, ask for the person to be help and then know that the help is there is the person needs it.

Over the next little while my posts maybe few. I know you will understand, and help us by not sending prayers and just asking the angels and higher spirits to help us when we need it.

No comments: