Friday, May 12, 2006

Pandemic

Over the last while there has been a lot of discussion in the new regarding the Avian/Bird flu (H5N1) and a pandemic if the flu were to mutate to a human to human transmittable virus. Last night my wife and I had a discussion around this issue and some of what came out of that discussion I want to share here.

She asks, "Why are so many people worried about this?" My answer, "because over half of the people who have been infected with it have died." (115 Deaths in 205 cases, WHO).
She asks, "So that would mean that at least one of us would die? Does that no concern you?"My answer, "Not really."

So why don't I worry about a virus that possible could wipe out half the worlds population and could kill a lot of my family? Because I don't honestly thing it will. It's being watched very carefully and there is a lot of work going on to make sure it doesn't happen. Also it is not happening. I'm not one to worry until the event is on us.

That being said, my wife also asked if my beliefs had a part in my not worrying and they do. I know that dying is not a bad thing. Dying is just a transition and one I'm not scared of taking. If it was my family and not me that died would I not feel sad? Likely, but deep down I understand that they have continued their journey that the events that led to their deaths were part of a learning for them. I don't believe in mourning the dead. Mourning is for the living.

I also believe that all illnesses and other negative situations in our lives are caused on a spiritual/energetic level and not on the physical level. The reason you get sick is because of a spiritual lesson you need to learn, a karma you need to work our and a past life you need to release. If you are able to obtain you spiritual healing then the illnesses or situation will resolve itself in the manner that you spiritually require.

I believe that fear comes from the lack of knowledge and understanding. Fear comes from the unknown. A pandemic although may have unknown components to it, I know one a spiritual level where they come from and how to deal with them. There for no fear.

Even if you can not shine a physical light on something and understand it or tell how future events will unfold, if you shine your spiritual light on it, even though all the answer will not be there, you will understand and the fear will lift.

Spiritual understanding is the true source of understanding, the true way to remove fear from our lives and in the end the only understanding that matters.

No comments: