Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Finding time for the Spirit

As you might have noticed it has been a while since my last post. I recognize this but I'm not going to get into the habit of saying sorry because I don't post. After all I don't get paid for doing this and ultimately I write because I get enjoyment out of it and if I have to force it I think my posts will suffer and some times my real life gets in the way.

Many of us live what we consider to be busy lives. We struggle to find a balance between work, play, family and spirit. Each is important to us for different reasons so finding and justifying a balance can be very difficult. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been busier than normal and the number of my posts here has fallen off. As well, my focus on my spirit has fallen to side as well.

But it doesn't have to and in a way it doesn't truly fall to the side. After all our spirit should be and is part of our every day life. How we respond to traffic or a decision in not only logical and emotional but spiritual as well. We can keep spirit in our every day by bringing it into our every day. By that I don't mean going around telling all your co-workers your beliefs, but it is rather living them. When you respond to the traffic jam are you doing so in a spiritual way? For most of us it not likely. Well take that extra second and respond in the correct way. The same when you are faced with a decision, be it a moral decision or a more logical decision, take your spirit into account. It is a choice that spiritually sound?
Spiritually is more than saying we believe something. It is how we live our lives and treat those around us. It is apart of us. If what we do and what we say don't match than either out actions or words are lying.

No comments: