Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Cost of Spiritualism

I have long believed that Spiritualism and spiritual learning is best done in an open collaborative environment. Where people not only listen and learn but also teach. In reality most Spiritualism is done for a charge and profit.

Most churches and religious organizations charge you for their teachings. They may not call it a charge, it could be for donations or similar terms, but the fact is that you are expected to give them money in exchange for the spiritual knowledge and leadership that they are giving you.

Even if you decided to go it alone or avoid the organized religions you don't get away from the fee. You have books that are no cheaper than any other books. Don't fool yourself into thinking these writers and publishers are trying to teach you out of some noble cause. They are there to make a profit. Now I'm sure there are some that are there for noble reasons but for most it comes down to money. Then you have spiritual seminars and sessions. Again you pay to attend and more than what's require to pay for the hall.

I understand that these people are putting their time and effort into these things and you could easily justify the fact that they deserve to get paid for their efforts. In the end it comes down to "you can be saved, but only if you can pay."

Most of us think this mentality only exist in a select few, high profile, religious leaders but you can find it everywhere. The history of organized religions is not one of faith and helping but that of power and control.

This is one of the reasons I started this blog. To share what I have learn and in hopes that I might learn from those who comment here. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to make money off this site. If I could put some money in my pocket from this effort I would. What I won't do however, is cut off this blog to those who can pay or charge from my posts. I would consider putting some Ads on the site or publishing a cheap POD or e-Book. I assure you however that this site is not a get rich scheme. In fact I don't expect that this site will ever pull in anything worth mentioning. I believe the spiritual truth is for everyone, it is not owned by one person. It is the right of everyone, not just those who can pay.

No comments: