Friday, January 06, 2006

The Dangers in Prayer

People in many faiths as well as those not following an organized faith take part or believe in the power of prayer to help "heal" other peoples personal and medical conditions and even large scale world events/situations. It is my belief that in many of these situations the praying does not help the situation. Many may say, well that's fine, but it does not do any harm and it makes me fell better. Well I cannot argue to what makes someone else feel better, but for the first item, they might actually be causing harm to the situation.

I believe that we can ask for help to be given to someone, to assist in their healing but we must be very careful. What happens in most cases where people "pray" for healings is that they end up making the situation worse. By prey with the thoughts of how bad the situation is and about the "poor" person who is a victim of it. This, rather than sending positive energy to the person and helping them, sends negative thoughts, like "pity". This only makes it more difficult for the person to heal.

I know of a case where a person I know was in the hospital with a critical condition. While in the hospital and trying to heal it they were having a very hard time of it. Medical treatments were not working and they were having a hard time spiritually healing. As it turned out their mother's church group was praying for them and unintentionally sending negative energy. Once they realised this and they block the negative energy from the group and asked their mother to stop; they were able to obtaining a healing.

For this reason, I will not ask anyone to pray/ask for a healing for me. I know that I can do it on my own with help from my spirit guides, and if I choose to respond to someone else's request I will briefly ask that they be helped and leave it at that, knowing that if the person looks up they will receive the help they need and I have done all I can.

No comments: